Monday, March 2, 2015

One Month!

I'm sorry what? One month already? I can not believe it. Time has gone by so fast, yet I feel like I have enjoyed every moment with her. The big moments, the small moments, the scary moments. The first week lets be honest. I was scared out of my mind. Take sleep deprevation mixed with Ruby not having wet diapers the first day home, to Ben going back to work. Well, you had a hot mess. I don't even know if I showered or brushed my teeth that first week. I know, gross! I also had all sorts of moms giving me advice and telling me what their child was doing at Rubys age. I so appreciate advice, but I need to learn to not compare Ruby to their child and what they were doing. I have a good friend who blogged about not googling things when it comes to your baby. Boy is she right.

I'm glad to have the first weeks under my belt. I can't say that I have Ruby figured out because as soon as I think I do it changes. I do feel so much more confident as a mom. I don't think I have ever been so happy in my entire life. Now, enough about me. Let's move onto Ruby and what she has been up to.

1. She has started to smile socially. Not just when she has gas or is about to poop. Daddy gets the best smiles out of her. She sure does love him.

2. Since her umbilical cord fell off she loves soaking in her bath. Just like her momma.

3. She is in the 75th percentile for head circumference, but has a very strong neck. She doesn't mind tummy time.

4. She is wearing 0-3 month clothes and some 3 month clothes. They are a little big on her.

5. She is in the 87th percentile for length and 55th percentile for weight weighing in around 9 lbs.

6. She loves trying to suck on her hands. I think she will be a thumb sucker.

7. The last two nights she has slept for five hour stretches.

8.  She is starting to coo and look at you for longer periods of time.

9. She is getting better about riding in her car seat.

10.  She grunts in her sleep.

My mom and grandma were here over the weekend and today we took Ruby to the mall for the first time. I also nursed her in public (with a cover) for the first time. It wasn't as scary as I thought.

Anyway, Thanks for reading! We are so thankful for all the prayers and support we have received from friends and family. It really means a lot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment