Thursday, March 26, 2015

Sleep

Ruby is 8 weeks old today. Crazy. She is getting so big.

Now, on the topic of sleep. When Ruby sleeps for 5 or 6 hours at a time, I feel like super woman the next day. When she wakes every 3 I feel ok, but not great. Even worse is if she sleeps for three hours, but grunts and makes a lot of noise, I just might be a wreck the next day. Thankfully the third sleeping style has happened a couple of times. Last night Ruby slept from 9:30-3:15, 3:30-6:30, and 6:45-9:00. Holla! Because of this we have been to Target, I have a load of laundry in, I've vacuumed, and i have intentions of making banana bread.....and it is only noon! Am I bragging? Absolutely! Let me tell you that on those other days where she wakes up every 3 hours, I spend most of the next day on the couch wishing so badly that she would take a nap and not insist on walking around the house facing out. God created sleep...and it is very good. With it we can conquer. Without it we can crumble. Yesterday was a crumble and today is a conquer kind of day.

I used to get a little annoyed when people would tell me when I was pregnant to sleep now because when the baby comes you won't. I get it. All you mommies out there.  I get it. My mom is probably worried about me at this point in the post. I have a feeling that she is about to call me and tell me that I need to get more sleep and that I should figure out how to do that. With that said I wouldn't change anything. In time I will get more sleep. She will hopefully one day sleep all the way through the night. And then...well, it will be time for baby number two. Haha!

I realize that this post may seem like I'm sleep deprived. I assure you im not. Ruby just fell asleep, and she just pooped big time. Duty calls people, duty calls. Until next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment