Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Growth Spurt!

Hey Everyone,
I feel like it has been awhile since I last blogged. We have been busy with visitors and I have been busy feeding my daughter. I've read several places that babies go through a growth spurt around 6 weeks. Well, Ruby is two days away from being six weeks and boy has she been wanting to eat. Today I feel like I've been feeding her every hour. I love my growing baby!

Today it is 56 degrees and sunny. I took Ruby out on our first of many walks together. She was very content looking at the new scenery. It was so nice for us to get out. I think tomorrow we might take on Albertville outlet mall. Although, who knows if she is wanting to feed all the time. Speaking of. I've been kind of disappointed with how many big establishments don't accomadate to breast feeding mothers. They will have family restrooms that includes a changing table, but that's it. So, I will either feed in the car, in a dressing room, or wherever and use a cover. If yall have any tips I would be glad to hear them!!

Ruby has been lucky to spend the last two weekends with her grandma and great grandma. We also attended another shower where Ruby received some more fabulous things. Let me just tell you that Ruby will be one stylish girl! I also took Ruby to school on Friday to meet my coworkers. It was SO good to see them!

IDITAROD! Agh, you know this baby has changed me when I haven't been paying as close attention to the Iditarod. Thankfully it just started so I will start checking in more. Buuuut, when it comes to snuggling my sweet girl, the IDITAROD will take a back seat.

I don't want to jinx it, but Ruby has been sleeping wonderfully at night. Last night for example I put her down around 10. She woke up around 3 and then again at 7:15. Hopefully she keeps it up. She has also started smiling when you look at her. It is my absolute favorite. She makes the cutest gurgling sound and gives the biggest toothless grin. I could just eat her right up.

I had my 6 week post partum appointment yesterday. It was good to see my pre natal doctor again. Everything went well and "everything" is healed up nicely. Haha. TMI? Bah, who cares. :)

Ok, so I'm realizing that this post was super all over the place. My apologies. That's just how my brain seems to be working these days! Ben and I continue to love our daughter more and more each day. Speaking of love. I have never been so in love with Ben. I've gotten to see a totally different side of Ben since Ruby has come along and It is just awesome an unexplainable.

Please continue to pray for Ben and I that we would set good examples for Ruby. That we would make time daily to spend in prayer and devotion. Thanks everyone. I haven't tried too hard to figure out how to upload pictures on here, but if you check out facebook you will find there is no shortage of pictures even though I swore I wouldn't be hat mom. Oh well, sorry peeps. I won't be offended if you block me for the next...well....lifetime. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment