Thursday, February 12, 2015

Two Weeks Old!

Ruby Ann is officially 2 weeks old. In some ways it seems like time has gone super fast and in other ways it seems like she was born a year ago. Either way, with another week under our belts I'm feeling a bit more confident as a mom. Her one week appointment went very well. She had no signs of jaundice and weighed in past her birth weight! Healthy baby makes for one happy mama! I think we have also gotten on some kind of night routine. She has been sleeping in three hour stretches, sometimes more. She has been sleeping in the pack n play in our bedroom and when she needs to feed I just bring her into bed with me and then lay her back down. It is so nice. I had worried that Ben would lose sleep and get crabby. Haha. Last night he told me that whenever I'm up with her an feeding her he gets really happy and just smiles. Sure enough, last night he had his eyes closed with a smile on his face. I'm loving seeing Ben melt over this little girl!

I have felt a lot more comfortable as well. Yesterday we went to Target and Bible Study and I wasn't paranoid with feeding and all that. Today we went to a Target in a different town and I bought the boba wrap. We will see how that goes. Everyone has told me how wonderful baby wearing is. I also took a bath today without Ben home while Ruby was sleeping.

Moose is handling Ruby very well. In fact, he usually just acts as if she isn't around. Moose is a pretty dramatic dog and so it is a relief that he hasn't been super needy. Ruby is a pretty calm baby. She doesn't really cry often. She grunts when she needs to poop and she squeaks sometimes when she is feeding. She also makes the most adorable sighs when feeding. Nursing is one of my favorite moments with Ruby. Sometimes she looks at me and it is such a cute adoration type look....or so I think, but then she will go into a wrinkled forehead/frown. Ha! She enjoys baths, being held, and looking at the world around her. She is just wonderful! Our new family is in a good place. We are so blessed to have this precious little girl with us!

Please pray for Ben and his job. He enjoys teaching, but isn't quite sure if that is what he wants to do forever. Teachers work so hard! Pray that Ruby and I would continue to figure out life at home together. Also pray that I would continue to live without fear. This week has gone SO much better! Thank you all for your support, gifts, and for all who have come to visit! We appreciate you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment