Sunday, July 30, 2017

Results Are In! Shift Shop-Week 1

Hey Everyone,

I have week one under my belt in my new program, Shift Shop. Did I cheat? Did I fail? Did I succeed? Did I lose? This may sound super corny, but I can honestly say that I have felt a shift this last week. I will explain that a little later.

I am currently apart of four accountability groups. I love them and I honestly think they are the key to success. There is something about walking along other women who are going through the same thing I'm going through. They are all striving to be who they were created to be. Three of those accountability groups are fitness groups. We post sweaty selfies. We say ugh, that workout was AWFUL! Or, that was the best workout ever and I'm feeling awesome. We share recipes that our families love. We share insecurities that are holding us back. We are vulnerable. One of my accountability groups is a group of women who are reading the bible in a year. I absolutely love it. We read our bible and text each other that we read it and if anything stood out to us. We are called to live in community and with technology these days, this can be a form of that and I love it!

Ok, onto Shift Shop week 1. My nutrition plan was no different this week. I was allowed the same amount of portion containers as always. That doesn't mean the temptation wasn't there. On Monday morning as in the very first day, the very first meal of the day when I was feeding my girls waffles for breakfast I almost took a bite. Then I remembered I was starting this plan and I needed to stick to it. haha, I'm very much a 80/20 kind of girl usually. Usually my nutrition is on 80% of the time and 20% I allow myself some breaks. Anyway, the week went on and it is always so much easier to eat healthy when we're at home. Am I right? It's when we get out of the house and we are out with friends or at a play date with yummy foods that we are more likely to slip up. I have had several people say to me that they are afraid of the prep that goes into this. I won't lie and say it doesn't take any prep because it does. In fact, if I won the lottery, which I won't because I haven't bought any tickets, but if I won the lottery I would probably hire a chef. :) I like to spend Sunday afternoon getting my groceries and then Sunday evening after the girls go to bed is when I do all my prep. This saves me SO much time during the week. I cut up all my veggies, I get all my fruit ready to go. I even prep my meals if I can! With that said, on Thursday night we went camping. We didn't get to the campground until about 8:00. The girls went to bed great (around 9:30) They are usually in bed anywhere between 7 and 8. Have you ever slept with a 2 year old. It's like being in a ninja party with your hands behind your back and you are shoved up against a wall. That girl moves in the night and somehow takes up the whole bed. It was also freezing. Needless to say, I got very little sleep that night. I woke up stressed, wanting to workout, but so tired. I ate muffins that I bought for everyone else, I had a bag of chips at lunch. It just was not good. So, I felt off the bandwagon a little bit on Friday. You know what though, usually I would let that mess everything up, but I didn't. Almost the minute we got home from camping I pushed play and got my workout done for the day.

I did workout every single day. I didn't sleep very well all week because, well, kids. I always notice that when I'm not getting enough sleep, I don't push myself hard enough. I loved the workouts and felt they were a little like my high school volleyball/basketball conditioning days. Seemed a lot easier back then. haha.

Here is where the shift came in. You guys, I have NEVER been one to order a salad at a restaurant when there are a gazillion other choices. I've never been one to eat a salad at home or eat my veggies if I didn't have to. It just hasn't come naturally for me. Tonight I realized that I have been wanting salads in my every day meal plans because I KNOW how good it is for me. It isn't because I want to drop 40 pounds and look, "skinny." It's because I know it is good for me and it is what my body needs to be healthy. The other part has been craving my Shakeology. Shakeology is so nutrient dense that it gives your body exactly what it needs and it helps your body get rid of what it doesn't need. Not only does it taste AMAZING, but your body naturally starts to crave it. Isn't that so cool? You eventually don't even want the junk food because you know it will make you feel crummy.

Now, for the RESULTS. I lost a total of 3 pounds this week and a total of 8 inches. That is in just one week! I'm pretty happy with the results, especially with my minor set back on Thursday/Friday.

Now for next week. The workouts are now 35 minutes instead of 25. My portion containers are getting a little shiftier. ;) Get it? I will be having daily 5 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit, 5 servings of protein, 2 servings of carbs, 1 serving of healthy fats, 1 serving of seeds and dressing, and 4 teaspoons of butters aka peanut butter for me. Please know that the containers are different sizes. I LOVE bread, but this week I can't have it. My carbs have to consist of things like sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, yams, parsnips, etc. Not a lot of grains. I think this will be great for my buns and belly, but I'm going to have a hard time. Not only will I have a hard time, but our oven decided to stop working and we are waiting on the part to fix it. I will have to use my electric fry pan and skillet a lot this week. : ) This is where my accountability groups help so much! The encouragement that I get daily is second to none!

So, if you're still reading this  I thank you. If you think of it, please pray for me. Pray that I would continue to get my health in check. Pray that I would treat my body the way God created it to be. Cheer me on. If you don't see my sweaty selfie...let me know, it probably means I need to get my butt in gear. Literally! Thank you guys all for the support. You all are amazing.

Also, I still have some room for my next accountability group starting in August. If you have ANY questions at all please let me know. I would love to chat. My email is anne.harvey7@gmail.com or just message me on Facebook. #watchmeorjoinme





No comments:

Post a Comment