Monday, August 7, 2017

Shift Shop Week 2 and The Doctor

Hey Everyone,

My new exercise program is entering its third and final week. Can I get an amen? I'm not going to lie. Last week was hard. My motivation started slipping and the eating plan called for less carbs. My name is Anne Harvey and I'm addicted to carbs. Seriously though, the only carbohydrate I ate last week was either a potato or a sweet potato. It was mad.

I had a pretty busy week last week and a lot of things that were not typical in my schedule. That usually calls for some cheating and lack of exercise. Now, I did do a little bit of both. There was one night where I had toast. I also noticed that I wasn't working out as hard as I normally do. I think that is just life though. The point of all of that is just knowing that I didn't give up all together was a big shift! Oh, one more thing that I noticed is that I wanted to cheat a WHOLE lot more when I knew I was being deprived of my beloved carbohydrates. It was a big time struggle. I think that is why I love the 21 day fix program so much with the containers. I don't really ever feel like I'm completely deprived of something.

I'm down another pound and 3 inches. Is it as much as the first week? Nope! Did I struggle a little more this week? Yep! Any pound and any inch lost is success in my book.

Now, on Friday I went to the doctor to have my physical done. I was really nervous you guys! After my dad died, I think I just always fear the worst. I fear the worst for my girls and I fear the worst for me. It is something that I'm working through daily. Standing on the promises of God is what I'm praying about daily. Anyway, I went in thinking well, what if I have type 2 diabetes. I had gestational diabetes with Ruby. I didn't have it with Stella, which was kind of interesting. Anyway, I was nervous about my thyroid. After I had Ruby my thyroid went from being hyperactive to normal. It was kind of strange too. Pregnancy and birth does crazy things I tell you what. Anyway, I was just really nervous with all of these things. I'm glad to report that all my test results came back normal. I'm not diabetic and my thyroid function is normal. This gave me a big boost in my spirits and I'm ready to continue my health journey.

That is exactly what this is. My health journey. Do I want to be skinny? You bet I do. But what I want even more than that is to be healthy. I want to be healthy for my two tiny humans who call me mommy. I want to be healthy for my husband who calls me wifey. I want to be healthy for all my titles. Most importantly I want to be healthy for me and who God created me to be.

I have a virtual challenge group that is starting next Monday. I won't be doing the shift shop program again, but I do recommend it. So far women in my group are doing different workout programs.

I will be sharing some of my favorite go to recipes for a busy schedule. I will be sharing tips and trips that I have learned along the way. I will be motivating ladies on the daily. I really can't wait for this next group. It is going to be run on Facebook in a private group. What happens in my groups stays in my groups. :) Until you want to share with the world your awesome results that is! ;) Please don't hesitate to message me on Facebook. Email me at anne.harvey7@gmail.com Message me for my phone number if you would rather chat. My group is almost full, but I would be willing to run two groups!

I love you guys and look I'm looking forward to what week 3 has in store!




No comments:

Post a Comment