Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Just Gotta Say It!

Hey Everyone,

Do you ever feel like you've had something really big happen and you just want to tell everyone about it? I felt that way when I got engaged, and then each time I got pregnant with my girls. Let me tell you about something ok.

Teaching was a huge passion of mine for so long. I LOVED working at a daycare in college, I LOVED my first job as a Kindergarten teacher in Alaska, I LOVED teaching Kindergarten in the two teaching jobs I had down here in the lower 48. It was my passion. I lived it, I breathed it, I always was looking at how I could improve. Then I had kids. I had my own babies and slowly that passion just started to go away. People ask me all the time if I will go back to teaching when the girls are old enough to go to school. Honestly, the thought of it makes me want to vomit! Haha! I LOVE my teacher friends and I believe in you all and know you are doing great things. I can't tell you what exactly happened that made that shift. Maybe now that I have my own kids I realized that my love was going 100% to them.  I don't know.  And who knows, maybe that passion will come back. I was talking to a friend from high school the other day and she just re-affirmed the thought I was scared of saying out loud, but basically she just said, it's ok if your passions change. Ashley, if you are reading this, thank you!

That brings me to this new passion. I have NEVER been so passionate about fitness and nutrition in my life. I grew up being athletic and always kind of being in shape. I know that I like it, but I wouldn't say I was ever passionate about it. I have had this shift you guys. A conviction if you will. It may be because I watched my dad die to cancer. It may be because I started noticing all the un-healthy habits I had in my life both physically and emotionally. I feel like God has given me this great passion for fitness and a true conviction about what I'm feeding my body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." It really made me think, man I'm not treating my body the way that God intended me to treat it.

For the longest time I felt stuck. Stuck in my negative thoughts about myself, stuck in my double digit jean sizes, and stuck in my every day life. I LOVE being a stay at home mom! I love it! I love that I get to have more than one passion right now. That this passion allows me to be SO present with my girls and I get to encourage other women reach their fitness goals as well. I have always LOVED encouraging people, friends, coworkers, whoever. It is one of my favorite things to send just because gift packages. I love lifting others up. When this opportunity came up to be a health coach, it wasn't and isn't about the money, although that's nice. It is about getting to use the gifts that God has given me on a daily basis. It's just so cool. So, I guess I'm just kind of rambling. When something fires you up, you just want to shout it from the rooftops. Instead, I will shout it out in blog world...haha.

Please please please, if you are seeking help with fitness, nutrition, life, a Godly support, please don't hesitate to reach out. I love you all and I will never ever be offended if you say not right now. I want you all to feel the way I feel...and guess what, I'm not even at my goal right now. I'm happy and blessed to be who I am RIGHT now. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm new to the blog world but I need a LOVE button for this thing! Love your heart, your honesty and deep desire!

    ReplyDelete