Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Confession

I was born in Springfield, Virginia. We lived there until I was 4 before moving to South Dakota. My moms best friend in Virginia was Sharon Hewitt. We always called her Fluto. My mom and Fluto called each other Mun. I soon became little Mun. I then termed Ruby-Mini Mun. Anyways, In November, Fluto found out she had cancer and it spread throughout her body. I don't want to say that she lost her battle because she didn't. Fluto knew God and now gets to spend eternity in Heaven. That my friends is a great victory....not a lost battle. 

I started this blog when I was pregnant because Fluto said my updates on Facebook gave her great joy and sometimes got her through the day. I'm SO happy that Fluto lived to see Ruby (in pictures.) I would send her pictures every day of Ruby and send her updates and keep this blog going. 

Fluto truly is a very special person. She was absolutely hilarious and cared about people to no end. Her and her husband came out to Ben and i's wedding and I feel so fortunate! She brought decorations, she helped decorate the venues, and she was there to provide comedic relief. I'm so happy that our last memories in person were at the wedding. Fluto would always get my mom to be more spontaneous. She would would make my mom laugh harder than I've ever seen her laugh. That's just the kind of person Fluto was. 

I sent Fluto a picture of Ben holding Ruby and her response was, "We all have something in common-no hair!" Even through cancer, Sharon kept her humor. She will definitely be missed, but our memories of her will always be happy memories that will bring smiles to our faces. That is her legacy. Love you Fluto!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for you and your mom to have lost someone so special to you. Prayers, friend.

    ReplyDelete