Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Shift is OVER!

Hey Everyone,

As some of you know, I just completed 21 days of a new exercise/nutrition program called Shift Shop. 21 days of workouts and 21 days of a new nutrition program. I will let you know what I thought about all of it in a second. I want to talk to you a little bit about what has been on my heart and I truly believe it is because of this program. I not only shifted physically, but I think even more importantly I shifted mentally.

Throughout this journey I lost pounds. I lost inches. I gained confidence. I added an (old) pair of jeans to my wardrobe that weren't fitting before. I added energy. Here's the thing you guys. That is not what shifted most of all.

Throughout this 21 days, I learned and realized so much. By week three we had to cut out all carbohydrates. This was REALLY hard. I mean, really hard. I learned something by doing this however. When I deprive myself of something that I love, I fall off the deep end. I crashed and burned a couple of times over the last week and I think it is because I was so deprived. I know that sounds so dramatic and maybe even pathetic. BUT, it made me realize that it is the reason why I love the 21 day fix so much and believe that it is my key to success. Is it for everyone? Nope, but boy is it for me! I LOVE that I get to eat good food in the correct portions. I love the way that I feel when I'm doing the 21 day fix. Those days that I told you about where I crashed and burned? Guess what...I slept HORRIBLY at night. I had weird dreams and kept waking up thinking really bazar things. Now yes, that could happen anyway, but not only did I not sleep well, I felt like crap. I didn't have energy, I was more irritable. It was just not fun. It made me want to eat clean and healthy again because I just craved the way it made me feel.

I also realized something else that is very significant. Weight loss for me is a journey. A slow one, but I'm learning the correct way of losing weight. It isn't a snap your fingers and boom your skinny and healthy. You know what happens with those crash diets? You gain weight back. How many of you have gained weight back after losing a lot of it? I'm not someone who can lose weight and then eat whatever I want. This is a healthy journey, folks. This is a journey of getting healthy. That brings me to my next point. It isn't about my appearance, although nice. I have been slowly learning through this journey as well to not care what people think of me. It has been a struggle I have dealt with for as long as I can remember. I care too much about what people are thinking about me, what people think of my husband, what people think of my family, etc. Guess what. That is exhausting. I'm focusing on me. How can I become the best ME. As I'm working on becoming the best version of myself both mentally and physically I'm realizing that I can pour out so much more love to my people.

There is SO much hate and crime going on in our world. What is happening in Virginia is sickening. It makes me sick to think that there is still so much hatred. I'm working so hard on becoming the woman that God created me to be. He created me to love people and point others to Him. He created me with a healthy body that should glorify Him. That is what I'm going for. Healthy habits, healthy body, healthy relationships. I want you all to know how much I love you. I know this post is all over the place, but that is just how my mama brain works, okay?

I know that most of you know that I'm on a journey to being healthy. Some of you may or may not know that I'm a health coach as well. I'm currently going through my health journey, but I'm also encouraging others to do it with me! I would love to share with you what I'm doing. What my nutrition plan looks like, what my exercises look like, what it looks like with two VERY busy children. Please reach out and let me know if you are interested in this. I would LOVE to chat with you and encourage you in any way I can. One of my favorite things about this journey is all the people I have been able to talk to about this.

I have a really exciting announcement coming on Facebook tomorrow night! Stay tuned....
These were basically my results! :) I love that I'm getting smaller, but even more than that I LOVE that I'm getting HEALTHY! 

I love having the energy to walk with these girls! 

Stella is such a sweetie, but more importantly she is one of my reasons WHY! 



This girl has my heart. She drives me nuts, she makes me laugh, she makes me cry, she is another one of my reasons WHY! :) 




1 comment:

  1. You're inspiring me to make the changes I know I need to make.

    ReplyDelete