Sunday, April 30, 2017

Stella Turned One!

Hey Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the kind words and prayers about my last post about my dad. He was an incredible man and it felt really good to just get all of that out. Thank you!

On April 26th, 2016, Stella Louise Harvey was born at 5:55 PM. The year absolutely flew. Maybe having a very curious, outgoing, and active toddler around kept things going. I keep hearing people say that the days are long, but the years are short. I would have to agree and I've only been doing this for a couple of years. My days are very long, but when I see pictures and re-read some of these update posts, the year has gone by very very fast! I absolutely love love love being able to stay at home with my girls. There are days that I literally pack them up in the car with nowhere to go, but for my own sanity we all just need to be contained in one place. Then there are days where Ruby walks up to Stella, gives her a kiss and says, "I love you Stella." I then melt into a thousand puddles of mush.

Stella has been a dream you guys. She loves her people a lot. She loves being at home, she loves being out and about as long as one of us is close by. She goes with the flow. She only really cries if we are at someone else's house and I walk out of her sight. She doesn't smile for strangers very often. Sometimes people will get her to give a little smirk. She smiles all the time at home and especially for Ruby as long as Ruby is being nice. She loves playing peek-a-boo, singing songs, dancing, taking baths, and crawling as fast as she can to daddy as soon as he gets home. She has been taking steps on her own and is getting pretty confident. She eats about as much as Ruby. She had no problems switching over to whole milk. She HATED her birthday cake when we were taking pictures. I thought maybe a cupcake would be more her style, but the girl spit it out. I then asked Ben if maybe our baby got switched at birth because we like cake. She folds her hands when we say it's time to pray. She has just been such a joy in our house. She is a way better snuggler than Ruby was. I will hold Stella and she just lays her head onto my shoulder and I again melt and then melt some more. It's the best. I'm so thankful that God blessed us with these girls. A year in the life of Stella...
Whoever said labor wasn't fun?


I remember looking down at Stella and thinking that she looked just like Ruby when Ruby was born. 























Loves Cheerios




SO BIG! 



































No comments:

Post a Comment