Sunday, April 9, 2017

Stella is 11 Months and Vacation!

Hey Everyone,

Stella turned 11 months on March 26th. Yikes, I'm way behind, but we have had a lot going on! Ruby was born on the 29th and so it is very hard for me to remember that Stella is a 26th baby. We also went on vacation without the girls and it was incredible! I will share more about that later.

Here are some fun facts about our almost 1 year old!

1. She LOVES to dance. She sways her head back and forth to any kind of beat...even her moms singing, which makes me feel wonderful!

2. She is still easy going and content playing with her toys. However, if Ruby takes something from her, she will indeed get upset.

3. She has taken a couple of steps, but nothing consistent.

4. She LOVES to eat. She eats pretty much anything that we eat. She can sometimes out eat Ruby.

5. She sleeps through the night and it is wonderful!

6. She catches her naps where she can and when she can. Often times it is in the car on the way to doing something. Poor thing.

7. She loves playing peek-a-boo.

8. You have to work hard to get her to smile, but when she (often) does, it is the most precious thing in town!

9. I think Ruby is still her favorite person, although she crawls pretty hard towards daddy when he gets home from work.

10. She doesn't like wearing socks or shoes, just like her sister.

We absolutely love Stella. So far she continues to be pretty mellow compared to her sister. Only time will tell I suppose.

Here are some facts about Ruby.

1. She is still into everything. She drags chairs around so she can reach all the things. It keeps me on my toes.

2. She talks so much and remembers everything! If you promise her a treat at Target, she won't forget!

3. She insists on walking whenever we are out and about. However, lately when she hasn't been listening her daddy carries her. She does not like that.

4. Her hair is growing so fast and getting so curly. I LOVE it. I have to put a pony in her bangs, so she can see. I'm hoping it becomes thick like her daddy's.

5. She would be outside all day every day if she could. One of the first things she says after breakfast is that she wants to go outside. Usually we do if it is nice enough.

6. She has started calling her daddy Ben. It is hilarious. The other day she was opening the garage door and saying, "sup Ben!"

7. We have started an ECFE class that she loves. She calls it school.

8. She can be the BEST big sister on the planet and she can definitely have her moments of wanting to hold Stella, push Stella, and climb on Stella.

9. The only time she sits still is when she is watching Curious George or Clifford's Puppy Days. Sometimes I will play them for her so that Stella can nap. Or I play them for her when she is driving me nuts and I just want a cup of coffee.

10. She is such a fun, outgoing, bubbly kinda gal. And she is waking up from her nap now. Better get my tennis shoes on.

Ben and I went on vacation. First of all, I need to thank my mom who is renting a house in Florida for the month of April and allowing us to come stay with her. Second, I need to thank Ben's parents for watching the girls for the week. It was SO incredible. I'm not sure we can say thank you enough! I drove down to Florida with my mom so she could have her car for the month. We took three days to drive and it was a lot of fun. I laughed until I cried and it was just a pleasant time. Ben flew down on Sunday and we spent our time eating a lot of ice cream, going to the beach, watching cable TV, and relaxing without demanding children. Did I mention it was amazing? Yes, of course I missed our girls, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to come home just yet. We are back now and things are going ok. When I was in the hospital having Stella, Ruby was well behaved for my mom and then we came home and she was pretty naughty. The same thing is happening right now. She had an absolute blast at Dennis and Kathy's, but the last couple of days, she has been naughty again. Hopefully soon we will get back to normalcy! :) I think spring is here in Minnesota, so if you're looking for us, we will be OUTSIDE! :)
We spent many days at the beach.


We got to FaceTime the girls every night. 

This is what our days usually consist of. #keepingitreal





No comments:

Post a Comment