Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Random Thoughts


*As of yesterday, Ruby is officially off the bottle. While some kids have a hard time giving up the bottle, mine definitely has not. To be fair, Ruby was never really attached to the bottle. In fact, the last month or so, she didn't really have the desire or the "time" to drink a bottle. She would have one in the morning and maybe drink about 6 oz. of formula. Then, one at night of about the same amount. Ruby is not one to sit still unless she is in her high chair. The girl loves to eat. She now drinks whole milk from a sippy cup during meals and drinks water from a sippy cup when she is playing.

*There are days where I realize I only need one ingredient from the grocery store. This pains me to no end because that means I usually have to bundle Ruby up, get her in and out of her car seat to run into the grocery store for ONE item. I'm really lucky if I can get this item at the dollar store in town. If not, we drive into Buffalo to get it. I think that someone should develop some sort of business for mom's like me. (Momnesia+Preggo Braino=No braino) This business or grocery store would have someone deliver to you the item that you need so that you don't have to bundle or wake up your kids to get something you forgot. Now, if this ever comes about please tell me about it. If you steal my idea and make millions...I want half.

*We had Ruby's 1 year well visit on Monday. Poor girl does NOT like going. She doesn't like getting her diaper changed on changing tables and will SCREAM until you pick her up. So, when the first thing the nurse does at the doctor is have her lay down on the padded table to measure her, she screams and it just sets the mood for the rest of the visit. Ruby's doctor however is AMAZING! She is so good with Ruby. Ruby is in the 55% for weight and 5% for length. She is a short stack. :) Oh yeah, her head is in the 72%. Too much adorableness.

*We had dinner with some friends from MOPS last weekend. Ben's mom, dad, and our  nephew, Zander came to watch Ruby while we ventured out. It was SO nice because the dinner was at another house in Maple Lake. We always have to go into Buffalo for anything that we do, so it was a treat that we were able to walk to our dinner fun. Earlier in the day we went to a friends house to pick up an elliptical. We left Ruby with her grandparents and when we got home she was giggling away with her Grandma Kathy. She barely noticed that we even came through the door. She loves her Grandma Kathy and Papa Dennis. She always takes a little while to warm up to Dennis, but she usually always comes around. :)

*I'm 29 weeks pregnant, but I feel like I'm 36 weeks. I'm so excited for baby number 2 and still a little sad thinking about Ruby having to share me. I also question if I will ever make it out of the house.

*Ruby usually sleeps from 7:00 at night until 7:30 in the morning. Straight through. She's been doing this for about three months. I've definitely become selfish of my sleep. In 2.5 months I will be on here bragging that I got 2 consistent hours of sleep.

*This weekend if the weather is ok, my mom, Ruby, and I are heading to Fargo for the weekend. The following weekend we will be having Ruby's official first birthday party. It is Minnie Mouse themed.

*There are SO many things before having Ruby that I said I would never do. I now do them or have done them. One thing I said would never happen is that I would never let our living room turn into a play room. Yeah, that definitely happened. Right now we have three bedrooms upstairs. Ours, Ruby's, and an office, which will eventually be Stella's room. We have toys in Ruby's room and then a TON in the living room. Our basement is unfinished, but sometimes I dream of the day that it is done just so we can have a play room or area for all the toys.

*The Iditarod is in 30 days. I can't wait! I hope that Alaska gets some good snow between now and then! The Yukon Quest is starting this weekend. It is a different 1,000 mile race in Alaska. For those that don't know, I'm kind of a geek when it comes to dog mushing. I love it and find it absolutely fascinating.

*All done with this post. Kudos to those of you that read my random thoughts. :)

1 comment: