Wednesday, July 29, 2015

6 Months Y'all!

That is half a year, folks! Ruby is half way to her first birthday. Can someone please slow down time? I say this, but I have been trying really hard to be present with Ruby. I know that our future kids won't get the amount of one on one time I get with Ruby. I try not to think or wish for her to be older and I try not to wish she was itty bitty again. Ben and I are so in love with our little girl. Even in this season of grief, she keeps me so happy and puts life into perspective. She doesn't know yet the amount of joy she brings me. Not to say that being her momma has been a cake walk. It hasn't. When I think I truly understand her, her eating habits, her sleeping habits...it changes. She changes. Here are some facts about Ruby:

1. She has gone back to her gremlin/grunting ways. It is a little creepy, but a whole lot adorable.

2. She has not been sleeping as well. Last night she woke up at 12:00, 2:00, 6:00, and then up at 8:00. I would love it if she slept through the night, but I also don't mind getting up with her.

3. Nobody told me how demanding nursing would be. It's SO convenient, but it is also all on me. Nursing Ruby at any time is still my favorite though.

4. She is trying SO hard to crawl. It makes her pretty mad actually. She will get up on her hands and feet. (She can plank with the best of them.) She will rock back and forth and then kind of belly flop the floor. You'll get it soon, baby girl! I actually think that part of her sleeping issues stems from this. I think she is practicing when she wakes up at night and then gets mad. I often come into her room finding her in the plank position. #determined

5. She hasn't had stranger danger as much lately, which makes her Grandparents happy! :)

6. She has a hemangioma on the top of her head. I had this same thing on my forehead until I was about 4. Hers is in a much better location. Last night I had a dream that they kept popping up all over her body. Yikes!

7. She is sitting up and can sit unassisted until she reaches for a toy.

8. She still loves taking baths!

9. She is getting a little better about her carseat. I've realized that timing is everything! It is best if I feed her and then wait for about 10 minutes.

10. She only sleeps well for naps if she is in her crib OR if we are in the car for a long time. The second the car stops she wakes up and she usually won't go back to sleep.

11. Her favorite toy is Sophie the giraffe.

12. No teeth yet, although she puts EVERYTHING she can get her hands on in her mouth.

Well, there you have it. Ruby is quite lovable and has rolls on her thighs that make you swoon. We are having so much fun with her!


                           A rare smile from her carseat.                                      Typical reaction to her carseat.


On this day she was up until about 10:30. Getting kisses from Daddy!

No food yet, but she loves her highchair. 

                                                               All day every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment