Monday, December 14, 2015

Ruby's Gets A Sister!

Hey Everyone,

If you are my friend on Facebook, you know that two big things happened this week. We found out that we are having a baby girl in April and Ruby started walking. Ben and I both were hoping/praying for a girl. Some may disagree and that is completely fine, but I just think that every girl needs a sister. My sister and I were 4 years apart and I don't know that we really became good friends until she went off to college. Until then, I was the annoying little sister who wore all of her clothes behind her back and secretly did everything just like her. :) There are things that I feel like I can tell and do around my sister that I can't do around anyone else. It is a bond that you can't really explain. I'm SO excited that Ruby will get to have that same bond and that her and her sister will be so close in age. I was asking Ben if every boy needs a brother and he said no, which is kind of funny to me because he grew up with four brothers. Ben and I actually made a bet on if the baby would be a boy or a girl. I had a feeling that it was a boy and Ben said girl. I feel like since I wanted another girl, that we were for sure going to have a boy. Anyway, we bet $100. Ben won. The funny thing is that I don't make any money. So, really...this just means he gets to spend $100 without ANY judgement or "Are you serious?" looks from me. :)

We plan on naming baby number 2, Stella Louise Harvey. Stella has multiple meanings for us. Ben goes on a mission trip every summer to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and one year there was this girl named Stella that Ben and the team was helping out. Ben later went on to name his beloved mustang, "Stella." I didn't know this when I offered the name Stella to Ben, but apparently Ben's Grandma Ruby's mothers name was Stella. Isn't that crazy? We have Ruby and Stella. Mother and daughter. Louise was my middle name growing up. When I got married, I legally changed my name to Anne Kennedy Harvey. This is a way to bring Louise back. I think it sounds great with Stella! So, we will have a Ruby and a Stella. It is my prayer that they grow up as best friends and encourage one another to follow the Lord.

I feel like I've been a little more paranoid this pregnancy for some reason. Maybe it is because it's my second go around and I know what to expect a little bit. Maybe I've read too much online of what could happen during pregnancy and labor. I was a little nervous to go to our ultrasound. Those nerves went away the second I saw our baby with a flickering heartbeat. I'm just in awe at technology along with God's creation. My due date remains April 19th.

The other big news is that Ruby has been walking. Now, when I say she's been walking, I don't mean she walks all over the place. I mean she takes a few steps here and there. It was kind of bittersweet watching her take those first steps by herself. I was so happy for her and seeing the joy in her eyes, but I was also a little sad seeing her walk knowing that she's getting bigger and older. It makes me SO thankful that I'm able to stay at home with Ruby. It is not easy living on a one teacher income, but to us it is SO worth it.

Again, thanks for reading! Please continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy and that I would be able to soak in as much time with Ruby as an only child as I can!


1 comment:

  1. Love the name Stella, and I have to agree-- I think every girl needs a sister!

    ReplyDelete